Municipal Conflict of Interest Act Decisions
Following an investigation of a non-Municipal Conflict of Interest Act (MCIA) Code of Contact complaint, the Integrity Commissioner reports to Council on whether, in her opinion, there has been a violation of the Code, outlining the findings, the terms of any settlement, or recommended penalty and/or corrective action. Where the complaint is not sustained, the Integrity Commission reports the result of the investigation to Council.
With reference to reporting on MCIA Code investigations, the Integrity Commissioner will complete her investigation into alleged contraventions of sections 5, 5.1 or 5.2 of the MCIA. If, upon completion of the investigation, the Integrity Commissioner determines that on a balance of probabilities there has been a violation of the MCIA, or is otherwise of the opinion that it is in the City’s interest for a judge to determine if there has been a violation of the MCIA, the Integrity Commissioner may apply to a judge for a determination.
Upon completion of the MCIA complaint investigation, the Integrity Commissioner will publish written reasons for her decision within 90 days of the decision.
- Application for Municipal Conflict of Interest Act Investigation (PDF)
- Code of Ethical Conduct for Members of Council and Local Boards (PDF)
- Complaint Form and Affidavit (PDF)
- Complaint Protocol for the Code of Ethical Conduct for Members of Council and Local Boards (PDF)
- Council Member Information Statement (PDF)
- Donor Declaration Form (PDF)
- Member of Council Participation in Community Organizations (PDF)
- Member of Council Request for Written Advice (PDF)
- Modernizing Ontario's Municipal Legislation Act, 2017