Office of Deputy City Manager of Corporate Services, City Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer
Michael Coroneos joined the City of Vaughan in 2018 as the Chief Financial Officer and City Treasurer before becoming Deputy City Manager of Corporate Services, Chief Financial Officer and City Treasurer in 2019.
He has more than 20 years of senior management leadership experience across multiple disciplines in the private sector. He has held several positions of progressive responsibility and most recently served as Chief Operating Officer with IBM Canada. There, Mr. Coroneos successfully led a business with revenues exceeding $1 billion, with responsibility for the overall financial, operational and marketplace execution of IBM Canada’s software group.
Message to the Community
As Deputy City Manager of Corporate Services, City Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, I am committed to providing all departments with the support they need to deliver on Council’s priorities and our shared commitment to Service Excellence.
This portfolio enables success and builds organizational capability through its five departments: Office of Chief Human Resources Officer; Office of Chief Information Officer; Financial Planning and Development Finance and Deputy City Treasurer; Financial Services and Deputy City Treasurer; and Procurement Services.
Together, these departments help better position the entire corporation to deliver services to all of Vaughan. This portfolio’s shared values of accountability and responsibility are evident in the recruitment and retention of talented, high-performing staff, the delivery of technology to drive innovation and efficiency, and the discipline and fiscal responsibility to maintain one of the lowest tax rates in the GTA – all while helping the City deliver high-quality services.
I am proud to lead a group of dedicated individuals who are committed to executing the strategic priorities in the 2022-2026 Term of Council Service Excellence Strategic Plan – citizen experience, operational performance and staff engagement. Their dedication is what motivates me here at the City, every day.
Deputy City Manager, Corporate Services, City Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer
Deputy City Manager of Corporate Services, City Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer Videos
For more news and updates from Michael Coroneos, Deputy City Manager, Corporate Services, City Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, visit his Facebook page or follow him on Twitter.
Below is a list of services and departments under the Deputy City Manager of Corporate Services, City Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer:
- The Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer provides programs and services that encompass multiple professional specialties aimed at supporting the City’s workforce and People Plan. The department works to inspire and partner with Council, senior management and staff to enable and support people through innovative HR strategies so the wellness of the organization is enhanced – making the City of Vaughan an employer of choice.
- The Office of the Chief Information Officer is responsible for managing the effective delivery of technologies and services to achieve the organization’s objectives. The office is responsible for the engineering, architecture, implementation, security, maintenance and support of city-wide technology and communications infrastructure.
- The Financial Planning and Development Finance and Deputy City Treasurer is responsible for the City’s short-term and long-term financial planning and the development of associated fiscal policies. This includes the development and presentation of annual multi-year budgets, development charge policy and administration, and economic and financial analysis, as well as providing integrated support to Council and departments to enable the achievement of City objectives.
- The Financial Services and Deputy City Treasurer provides property taxation and assessment-based management, cashiering, development of the water, wastewater and stormwater rate-supported budget, and accounting and statutory financial reporting.
- Procurement Services is responsible for the strategic procurement of goods, services and construction for all City departments. The department is committed to driving value for money for the City and its citizens through fair competition and leading procurement practices.
Deputy City Manager, Corporate Services,
City Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer
905-832-2281, ext. 8913
905-832-2281, ext. 8482
Vaughan City Hall, Level 300
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1