Below is a list of services and departments under the Deputy City Manager, Infrastructure Development:
- Development Engineering is responsible for the expeditious review, approval, and inspection and processing of municipal services for land development. This enables the City to establish goals and objectives for land development and adhere to them keeping in mind important social issues, environmental, traffic considerations which promote healthy communities. In managing growth within the City, the department is faced with considerations of the potential social, economic, physical and environmental impacts that ultimately affect the livability of the City.
- Facility Management aligns operations, business administration, construction, capital projects and building sciences with the goals and strategies of the City of Vaughan, including risk management, security, environmental stewardship, compliance and standards, work and space management. The department plans, organizes, operates and evaluates building systems and operation of all City facilities, including community centres, administration buildings, fire halls, libraries, parks and heritage properties.
- Infrastructure Delivery department is responsible for capital project planning, design, tendering, construction, contract administration and inspection of the City’s buildings and linear infrastructure – such as roads, power lines and pipelines. The department works closely with other City departments to develop and ensure the long-term sustainability of the City’s infrastructure.
- Infrastructure Planning and Corporate Asset Management department works closely with internal departments, the Province of Ontario and York Region to protect the City’s infrastructure interests in the development of growth and renewal infrastructure planning studies and reports. The department also leads a corporate-wide strategy and roadmap for the asset management policy while improving asset management processes, technologies and data.
- Parks, Infrastructure Planning and Development collaborates with residents and stakeholders to support the development of an innovative, accessible, sustainable and safe parks and open space network that fosters physical activity, health and wellness.
- Real Estate negotiates and implements the purchase and sale of property on behalf of the City. The department ensures administrative and legislative requirements are met and is responsible for cash-in-lieu of parkland estimates.
Deputy City Manager, Infrastructure Development
905-832-2281, ext. 8311
905-832-2281, ext. 8180
Vaughan City Hall, Level 200
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1