Woodbridge Avenue Improvements & Streetscaping Project Timelines
Construction along Woodbridge Avenue is now complete!
The infrastructure improvements are progressing in the Woodbridge Avenue corridor project. As part of the City of Vaughan’s Woodbridge Avenue Improvements and Streetscaping Project, the focus was on beautifying the area, respecting its history and completing key underground infrastructure work.
The Woodbridge Avenue Improvements and Streetscaping Project provided a framework for the layout and detailed design of the public and private streetscape spaces, including pedestrian connections. Under this framework, the now complete design will:
- promote walking and transit use.
- reduce conflicts between pedestrians and vehicles.
- support daily community life and events.
- capture inspirational, educational and heritage elements.
- build on the convenient access to the trail along the Humber River system.
An extensive review of the infrastructure on Woodbridge Avenue was undertaken in 2020 to prioritize what needed to be completed, and in what order, including:
- road rehabilitation
- watermain replacements
- sanitary sewer upgrades
- streetlighting improvements
- traffic signal additions
- parking lay-bys (designated paved parking areas)
- streetscape and landscape enhancements