How You Can Get Involved
Vaughan Council is committed to ensuring a fulsome and transparent public consultation process, while safeguarding the health and safety of all staff and citizens. As part of the City of Vaughan’s commitment to open and accessible government, Council encourages citizens to get involved in the decision-making process.
Here are four ways to get involved and share thoughts about a land development application in your community:
1. Learn more about the Development Application: Review the public notice and learn more about the Development Application on PLANit, the City’s development application tracking platform, which can be found at vaughan.ca/maps.
2. Speaking to Council during a Committee of the Whole Meeting: Citizens can participate in meetings and have their say by:
- Submitting a written communication for review by Members of Council as part of an agenda item. All written communications can be emailed to the Office of the City Clerk at email@example.com.
- Requesting to speak via teleconference (through a computer, app or by phone) live during the meeting. Pre-registration is required. Complete a Request to Speak form at vaughan.ca/HaveYourSay or call Access Vaughan at 905-832-2281. You must provide a valid email and/or phone number to participate in this way. Requests to speak must be received by noon on the last business day before the meeting.
3. Speak directly with your local Councillor: Speaking at a Committee of the Whole Meeting isn’t the only way to reach Vaughan Council. Citizens may telephone or email comments directly to their Member of Council of choice. For details on how to contact a Member of Council, visit vaughan.ca/council.
4. Contact the City planner directly: All citizens may contact the planner on file directly by phone, email or letter. Questions and contact details for the City’s planners can be found on the public meeting notice sent by mail, or by contacting Access Vaughan, the City’s contact centre, at 905-832-2281 or firstname.lastname@example.org.