Medical Waste Exemption Program
Does someone in your household have a medical condition that results in additional waste that cannot be recycled?
The City of Vaughan’s Medical Exemption program is designed to assist those who regularly need to dispose of extra garbage due to medical reasons. The program provides garbage tags for 20 additional bags/bins per year at no cost.
To protect your privacy, all tags provided are standard City of Vaughan garbage tags. Applications are accepted throughout the year and can be renewed annually.
How to apply and program details:
- Download and complete the Medical Waste Exemption Application (PDF). The form must be signed by a medical professional before it is returned to the City as outlined in the application.
- Once received, the application will be reviewed for accuracy. Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicant.
- If approved, two sheets of City of Vaughan garbage tags will be mailed to the address provided.
- Applications can be renewed annually on the anniversary date of the applicant’s program approval by filling out the renewal form (PDF). The application renewal date will be provided in a letter that accompanies the tags.
- This program excludes personal protective equipment (PPE).