Curb Cuts and Driveway Widening
Applications for a curb cut or driveway widening is accepted by the City of Vaughan for consideration.
- Copy of your property survey showing your existing driveway width and the proposed addition
- Curb cut and driveway widening application (PDF)
- Provide a Tree Declaration Form (PDF) if construction zone is within 6 metres of a tree - this must be submitted with your curb cut application
- Provide a Letter from Developer (PDF)
If you are paving, resurfacing, excavating or landscaping your driveway or front lawn, never touch or cover your curb box.
To avoid unnecessary damage and costly repairs, follow these steps before your renovation work begins:
- If you are excavating, locate all your utility lines first. Contact Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 to schedule an inspection. Under Ontario regulations, this is the law.
- A minimum of two weeks before work begins, request an inspection. Call Access Vaughan at 905-832-2281.
- A water operator will come and locate any curb boxes that are under your driveway or property.
It is the responsibility of the property owner to contact the City for inspection. A contractor is not authorized to complete this work. If the curb box gets damaged by contractors, the City will make the repairs and property owners will be charged for the damage to City property.
To report a municipal emergency or problem that requires immediate attention, such as a leaking curb box, call Service Vaughan at 905-832-2281.
For more information, visit Water Shut Off and Turn On.